As a digital marketing agency, it’s always important to measure the results of everything we do and make adjustments accordingly. For our digital marketing platforms, we use Google Analytics to monitor our results. For Facebook, this tool is Facebook Insights.
With the help of this tool, you can ensure that you are getting the most out of your social media efforts. You can identify who your Facebook audience is, the best time to reach them and the types of information they prefer.
It’s clear that Facebook is an important element of any comprehensive marketing plan. You spend hours researching, drafting and posting updates to your business’s Facebook Page, but how do you know if your posts are effective? Facebook Insights is an analytics tool that can help you track user interaction on your Facebook Page.
With Facebook Insights, you can:
- Review metrics about your Page’s performance
- Determine which posts have the most engagement
- View data about when your audience is on Facebook
Below are a few of the most important measurements you should be monitoring to ensure you are getting the most out of your Facebook Page.
Measuring the Overall Performance
In the Overview section of your Insights dashboard, you'll find the following information about your Page's overall performance:
- Page Likes: Total Pages Likes is number of unique people who like your Page. New Page Likes shows the number of new likes your Page received during the last seven days, compared with the previous seven-day period.
- Post Reach: Total Reach is the number of unique people who have seen any content associated with your Page, including ads, during the last seven days. Post Reach shows the number of unique people who have seen your posts.
- Engagement: People Engaged is the number of unique people who have clicked, liked, commented on or shared your posts during the last seven days. Likes, Comments, Shares and Post Clicks show the totals for these actions during the last seven days.
- Recent Post Engagement: Analyze your five most recent posts to see which worked best/worst. If you see a post performing well, you can click on ‘Boost’ to pay for ads.
- Pages to Watch: You can add your competitor's’ Pages to this list to track their performance. If any competitor performs really well, it’s useful to see why they performed well so you can get ideas for your Page.
- Suggested Pages to Watch: Facebook will pick out Pages that have a similar audience to you and you can choose whether to add these Pages to the ‘Pages to watch’ section.
Information About People Being Reached
You can see the following information by clicking People Reached in the People section of your Page Insights:
- Gender and Age: The percentage of people who saw any content about your Page for each age and gender bracket, based on the info people enter in their personal profiles.
- Countries: The number of people who saw any content about your Page grouped by country, based on IP address.
- Cities: The number of people who saw any content about your Page grouped by city, based on IP address.
- Language: The number of people who saw any content about your Page grouped by language, based on default language settings.
Types of Posts to Reach More People
You can use Page Insights to learn how your audience is engaging with your posts. For example, in the Posts section of your Page Insights, you can go to Posts Types to see the kinds of posts (e.g., photo, link) that have the highest average reach and engagement.
In the Reach section, the Hide, Report as Spam and Unlikes graph shows you actions that decreased the number of people you reached. You can use this information to create more of the types of posts that your audience is interested in seeing.
Determine When People Who Like Your Page are on Facebook
You can also use your Page Insights to see the time of day and days of the week when people who like your Page are on Facebook. Go to the Posts section and view When Your Fans Are Online.
If your goal is to get more Page likes, boost engagement or increase traffic to your website, Facebook Insights can provide to with a roadmap. With the help of Facebook Insights, you can see what is working and what is not working.
To learn more about how Facebook can be used to reach and engage your target audience, contact UNION.